Thursday, February 21, 2013

Quotable Quotes

I am grateful for the chance to be able to listen to the words of the prophet, and other leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today I thought I would share a few of the quotes that I have found:
May we ever remember that the mantle of leadership is not the cloak of comfort but rather the robe of responsibility. May we reach out to rescue those who need our help and our love.” —President Thomas S. Monson
I love how President Monson says this - may we reach out to rescue those who need our help and our love.
*****
"Conversion is the goal of all gospel learning and teaching. Conversion is not a one-time event. It is a lifelong quest to become more like the Savior." - Elder Russell T. Osguthorpe 

 Conversion is not a one off thing- we should not think that because we have been baptized, that the journey is over. Conversion is a life long process.

*****

 "Dear sisters, our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, know us and love us. They know when we are in pain or suffering in any way. They do not say, “It’s OK that you’re in pain right now because soon everything is going to be all right. You will be healed, or your husband will find a job, or your wandering child will come back.” They feel the depth of our suffering, and we can feel of Their love and compassion in our suffering." - Linda S Reeves

This one is for all the sisters that are out there who are suffering or in pain. Sisters, you are known to Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus. You are never alone. They love you and know what you are going through. This quote gives me such hope and comfort. I am so grateful that I do not have to go through the trials that I face alone.
  
*****

". . . choose your clothing the way you would choose your friends—in both cases choose that which improves you and would give you confidence standing in the presence of God. Good friends would never embarrass you, demean you, or exploit you. Neither should your clothing."  -  Elder Jeffrey R. Holland  

This is a quote I heard in one of my classes at school. As disciples of Christ we need to dress the part, no matter where we are, and what we are doing. I love how Elder Holland says we should wear clothes that would give us confidence standing in the presence of God.

*****

 President Ezra Taft Benson taught: “If you want to get the spirit of your office and calling as a new president of a quorum, a new high [councilor], a new bishop [or, I might say, a Relief Society president]—try fasting for a period. I don’t mean just missing one meal, then eating twice as much the next meal. I mean really fasting, and praying during that period. It will do more to give you the real spirit of your office and calling and permit the Spirit to operate through you than anything I know.” 

I have really contemplated this a lot, especially since I recently became the first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency in my ward. I have felt so inadequate in this calling, and have needed the blessings that come through prayer and fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment